Saturday, May 12, 2007

Everybody Hurts ... sometimes

A few days ago, as I was hitch hiking through the web I came across some inspirational sites where I read a touching story. The story is about a boy and a girl who used to study in the same university and were friends. There was no romantic involvement among them but the boy had a great affection and fondness for the girl. The girl, as many other girls, had a great feminine attitude . Considered herself to be strong enough to handle any situations and in no need of the boy in her ups and downs. But as it was a boy's heart, he tried to find happiness in the girl's presence and himself always longed to give as much as happiness as he can, to the girl. Whenever he got bogged down by life's cruel ways or may be just to kill loneliness he seek the girl's company. Sometimes he found her, sometimes he had to try hard to see her around him and sometimes the girl used to turn him down. Time flew through the window as the pendulam swinged and they got more close (don't take in the usual sense of getting close between a boy & girl) to each other, they came to know more about themselves. The girl although looked happy & fun loving in her looks, suffered from some severe throes. As it happens in the west, family issues and all.... However the boy accepted the girl in the way she was. Days came and days went, and the boy gradually noticed the indifference of the girl towards him. Initially he thought it was just him who was looked on in that way, but when he gave a broader look to the matter, he found that it was not just him but towards everyone she had such an attitude. He always tried to help her, but some people are just hard nut to crack. She was carrying a dead soul. When I was reading the story, I remembered the song "With or Without You" by U2:

See the stone set in your eyes
See the thorn twist in your side
I wait for you...

Sleight of hand and twist of fate
On a bed of nails she makes me wait
And I wait without you

Through the storm we reach the shore
You give it all but I want more
And I'm waiting for you

With or without you
With or without you
I can't live
With or without you

My hands are tied
My body bruised, she's got me with
Nothing to win and
Nothing left to lose

And you give
And you give yourself away

I can't live
With or without you

Such was the state of the boy. I have written just a gist of the story and I might have done injustice to the story by not writing everything. The story don't justify the boy or the girl, but just throws light to "The Thin Line between Love and Hate" which exists among all of us.

I was very much moved by the story cause it sounded very realistic, but I was glad that it was just a story and bear no similitude to me. May Almighty help me so that never in my life I fall in such situation. I am not strong enough to face such things. As I am writing this post, I have something in my mind which tells me that in today's complex lifestyle we should not try to find happiness through someone else. If we do so, and later we are hurt, we are nowhere. Its the inner us who should be befriended. Aaaah.. my heart is feeling very heavy now and I should close this post.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

2 comments:

foobar said...

my heart is also feeling very heavy now ... so i also stopped reading ... is story kya hua jarur batana fursat mile to

saurav said...

well... as the story was from some inspirational or motivational site, so it didn't have a concrete "The End"... but I believe the story will help many ppl to enlighten the path of self-realization and look at oneself through the eyes of others. As it says, the past is gone, the future is yet to come, lets LIVE the present,coz its a "present" ... a gift.