Friday, January 22, 2010

What's My Type ?

As a part of mandatory learning and development trainings, I took the MBTI test some weeks ago. The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) assessment is a psychometric questionnaire designed to measure psychological preferences in how people perceive the world and make decisions. Although, I was very much skeptical about the effectiveness of MBTI, but I was taken aback my looking at my assessment report today. It was almost 90% correct in saying what type of personality I belong to. I was surprised to see that I also think in the similar way about myself. So, as per the interpretation, I belong to ISFJ (Introversion, Sensing, Feeling, Judgment) personality type.

The MBTI preferences indicate the differences in people based on the following:
  • How they focus their attention or get their energy (Extraversion or Introversion)
  • How they perceive or take in information (Sensing or iNtuition)
  • How they prefer to make decisions (Thinking or Feeling)
  • How they orient themselves to the external world (Judgment or Perception)
         In general terminology, my personality type is something which is quiet, friendly, responsible, and conscientious. Committed and steady in meeting their obligations. Thorough, painstaking, and accurate. Loyal, considerate, notice and remember specifics about people who are important to them, concerned with how others feel. Strive to create an orderly and harmonious environment at work and at home. I believe knowing the personality type of the other person helps us in communicating in  a more effective way.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments: