Wednesday, June 20, 2007

the light of life ....

I read a poem in my Assamese Literature course in my 10th std. The poem was called "Jivan Jeuti" which translates in English as "The Light of Life". I don't remember the full poem, but one paragraph, still shines in my mind. It says...

Gotowa golap koli
Samay thakote sakhi,
Jivanar sot bali jai,
Jiti phule hahi aaji
Phooloni phulai tole,
Kai loi pahi meli, nehahe dunai
Jivanar sot boli jai.


It translates in English as ...

Collect the petals of Rose.
When you have time, my friend
The flower which blooms today
And make the garden smile
May cease to exist tomorrow
The wave of life fades away...

Now I realise, how true and correct, the wordings of the poem is. We often get busy with our schedules and routines to such an extent that we forget exact timings of the right work in our life. And, when the time flies away, we repent for not doing the right work at the right time. I feel, if these things were taught while we were in our mother's womb, we would have live our life in a better way than we usually lead. Well, just loud thinking, no offence please.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments: