Wednesday, July 1, 2009

hmmm... that was it

I woke up at around 6:20 AM. 6:30 AM to 7:00 AM was my slot to attend nature's call, to brush my teeth and to take a shower. I had to be ready by 7:30 AM and to catch the bus at 7:45 AM. I reached there by 8:30 AM. I was so confused about just everything. I followed the crowd there, as everybody was doing. I bought my breakfast, and in the cafeteria met some familiar faces. My day started at 9 AM, with a lunch break at 12:30 PM. The day was very very hectic. Paperwork, introducing myself and getting acquainted with the new processes that I had to follow for the next 50 odd days. The day ended at around 8PM in the night and finally reached back by 9PM. The same schedule was supposed to start next day again and then again ... and again.
Yes, that was 5 years ago. I joined TATA Consultancy Services and was in Trivandrum for the Initial Learning Programme for 50 days or so. It was the day, when I started my professional life and 5 years have now passed. Except for earning a few lacs of rupees every year, I think I have not done anything significant in these 5 years. Life just passed by and as a sheep in a flock, I was just following the pace, not really knowing where I am heading. Its true that other side of the hill is always green, but I think some of my friends , batch mates did significantly well in these 5 years, but I think, I have not done anything great. Just paid a few lacs of rupees to the society, not knowing if the money really got used for some good cause or just got wasted in the hands of politicians and law makers. I dont repent about not doing anything great in the last 5 years, but sometimes I feel sad that I really wasted some of my vital years of life. It might be I dont know what I want to do in life. And, I know this gonna continue...

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments: