Saturday, August 17, 2013

Return to Innocence

While cleaning up my bookshelf, I stumbled upon an old book of my brother and a letter inside it which I wrote to him 13 years ago. The letter is dated 13th September, 2000 and was written almost a month after I started my engineering course in NITK (National Institute of Technology Karnataka - http://bit.ly/14JDlqF), which was KREC (Karnataka Regional Engineering College) those days. As I read the missive after so many years, it made me go down memory lane 13 years back. The words rightly reflects the excitement of a small town guy being in a college campus, a little bit nervous and home-sick, a turbulence in the heart and mind of the mama's boy on encountering a totally different lifestyle and the difficulty faced when he was all by himself. The 1st semester restrictions seem to play a spoilsport on the overall experience of the boy!

Page 1
Page 2

Page 3

The boy has grown, he is a man now. Many things have changed in all these years, but it looks like just yesterday. And its 'Yesterday Once More by Carpenters which comes to my mind:

... ...
Those were such happy times
And not so long ago
How I wondered where they'd gone!
 ... ...
... ...
All my best memories
Come back clearly to me
Some can even make me cry
Just like before
It's yesterday once more

 [Yesterday Once More Lyrics - Carpenters - http://bit.ly/1aeYj8V]

 

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments: