Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Cup of Life...

When was the last time, you did something for the first time? For me, it was just last night... India's win and I with my friends joining the mass celebration of India winning the Cricket World Cup, after 28 long years. It was a nail biting match to the second last over. When India was just 35 with 2 important wickets gone, we were like ... what the f**k !!! But, we continued watching and keeping the faith on the game and our team. After all, prayers of 1.2 billion people can't go in vain. And, we did it. We won the cup after 28 years...almost my age. We all jumped into our cars... with the tri-color in our hands and joined the city in celebrating a historic win. I never saw or participated in such a celebration, ever in my life. Danced with hundred others in the jam packed traffic... screamed and shouted "India... India..." and "Ole OLe OLe Ole... we are the champ, we are the champ" to our fullest decibels... Hugged and shaked hands with unknown people... but, we all had the same reason for the joy and the enjoyment. It was a memorable night for me and for everyone... A moment to be cherished for ever and ever... 

And as I feel the pain and sore in my throat, I feel that ...

Fortune, fame, mirror vain, gone insane 
                                             but the memory remains... 

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments: